(1) If you are using GrooVR with the Samsung, please refer to this article:
GrooVR supports the use of Oculus Touch, the Xbox controller, and the Oculus Rift remote.
With the GrooVR app running, use the controller to toggle the GrooVR menu (shown below) on and off.
This menu will allow you to choose both the music you want to hear and the Journey you wish to take.
When the GrooVR menu is active, a targeting reticle appears directly ahead of you. Move your head to move the reticle. Interactive elements of the menu will react when the reticle passes over them.
Tap the appropriate UI select button on your controller to choose any interactive element under the reticle.
It is that easy - just gaze and select!
Exiting the App
In GrooVR's main menu, you will find an Exit button at the bottom right corner (see below).
Bring up the main menu, if necessary.
Select the Music button in the bottom button row to view the music menu.
You will now have access to 3 new controls at the top of the menu.
- Music source: Choose from GrooVR Music, music files on your computer, or listen to SoundCloud. Note: Spotify is not available on the Rift version of GrooVR.
Note: Spotify is not available for the Rift.
- Browse: If you choose a streaming music source, you will see various playlists, including any you may have created at the provider’s web site. If you choose device music, you’ll see tracks arranged by artist, album, and genre. Note: at this time, it is not possible to search either SoundCloud or Spotify.
- Now Playing: This section will always show the current playlist.
Use the up/down scroll buttons provided to the right of the Playlist tiles, or swipe the trackpad (up or down) to view all of the tiles available, if necessary.
Select a playlist tile to display its contents, which may be another playlist or a song list. Once you have found the desired song list, select play to begin with the first song in the list or select a specific song in the list to begin.
Music Player Controls
Music player controls are always located to the right side of the menu. These include: pause/play, previous/next track, shuffle, repeat, and a shortcut to the Now Playing page.
You may tap the speaker icon by the volume slider to toggle muting.
Choosing a Journey
Press the back button to bring up the GrooVR menu, if necessary.
To browse Journeys, the virtual reality worlds we've created for you, tap the Journeys button on the bottom button bar.
TIP: You can pause and resume your motion through a Journey by holding down the Gear VR trackpad for a moment.
Tapping any Journey tile will display its details, including a description of the Journey, the file size, and a button that is used to download and launch the Journey.
Journeys must be downloaded to your device prior to viewing the first time. An active internet connection is required to download a Journey, and there must be sufficient storage space on your device to complete the download.
Once downloaded, a Journey may be launched from inside the details page.
Settings and Help
To access Settings and help information, select the Settings button at the leftmost position in the bottom button bar.
The Settings menu contains these controls.
- Audio: Adjust Music and Sound FX volumes
- Local Music Location: Here, you may select directories on your local drive(s) that contain GrooVR compatible music files
- Manage Accounts: Sign in or log out of a music service
- Controls: Here you will find layouts for each supported controller
- FAQs: Here are a few tips that may improve your GrooVR experience.
- Support: Links to helpful online resources.
Specifying your Local Music Location
Rift users can specify one or more local music directories. To begin, open the settings menu (shown below)
Then select Local Music Location from the Settings menu
Select one or more directories where you have compatible music files (MP3 files) available.